Provide scholarship administrative and financial analysis support to the Enrollment Management portfolio including The Office of Financial Aid, Student Success Initiatives, and The University Leadership Network.
- Serve as point of contact for Development and EM staff to receive information regarding new endowments and donor funds for Office of Financial Aid, Admissions, and Student Success Initiatives.
- Communicate with EM Leadership and EM Business Services Accounting team on a regular basis to alert them of new sources of funds for expenditure and issues with funds.
- With the direction of Office of Financial Aid Deputy Director and Executive Director of Student Success, serve as CSU point of contact for endowment, grant, and donor/scholarship funds including establishing working relationships with donors and organizations and with students. Attend donor events and meetings as directed.
- At the direction of EM Leadership, assist with stewardship. This may include drafting correspondence pertaining to endowments, grants, and donor funds.
- Maintain legal compliance of FERPA and other Financial Aid regulations by supporting timely release of information forms for scholars and interested donors.
- Work directly with EM Business Services Accounting team, Development and EM Leadership to identify problematic donor criteria keeping funds from being expended and provide action plans to target these funds for change; work with Development Office, donors, and organizations to ensure they are aware of balances and assisting them in expending them.
- Receive and track all gifts, pledges, and donations. Resolve issues directly with Development regarding missing donor funds and incorrectly applied gifts. Ensure donor records for current and potential donors maintained in VIP.
- Along with Enrollment Management Accounting Manager, review all scholarship funds, endowments, grants, and donor funds on a monthly basis. Provide monthly financial reports detailing account balances, current expenditures, and forecasts to appropriate department head.
- Coordinate with Accounting Manager to prepare yearly BUD documents. Work with OFA IT and Deputy Director of OFA to ensure funds management for yearly packaging is calculated and uploaded in a timely manner.
- Work with OFA scholarship team and EM Accountants to ensure students are assigned in a timely manner through the proper channels (OFA awarding or SS1 documents) and that all eligible students are discovered. Work with Enrollment Management Accounting manager and Accountant III to ensure funds are paid out and that issues are resolved.
- Receive and review all endowment compliance reports in EChO; work with OFA Scholarship Team, EM Accounting, and Development compliance to resolve issues.
- Maintain accurate records for all Enrollment Management scholarships, endowments, grants, and donor funds including ensuring establishment documentation is accurate and available on UTBOX for EM Leadership
- Maintain department procedural manual as it pertains to endowment and scholarship activity.
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field. A combination of five years of experience working with scholarship administration, scholarship awarding, or accounting functions at a university or government agency. Exhibits professional demeanor, motivates others, and is client-focused. Is reliable, timely, and adheres to deadlines. Ability to communicate clearly written and orally. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting concepts. Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail and ability to work independently and on multiple projects, and under pressure of strict deadlines.
Experience working with complex financial documents and excel spreadsheets. A combination of five years of experience working with scholarship administration, scholarship awarding, or accounting functions at The University of Texas at Austin. Experience with donor relations and/or experience working in a development office. Strong understanding of scholarships, endowments, and financial aid. Experience and proficiency navigating UT administrative applications (FRMS, DEFINE, and FAMENU). Advanced written communication skills including spelling, accuracy, and grammar. Ability and willingness to exercise initiative. Advanced level excel skills.
$54,000+ depending on qualifications