Foundation Communities (FC) is a local, homegrown nonprofit. Founded in 1990, we provide affordable, attractive homes and free on-site support services for thousands of families, veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities. We offer an innovative, proven model that empowers our residents and neighbors to achieve educational success, financial stability, and healthier lifestyles. We own and operate 23 communities all over Austin and in North Texas.
We are looking for an innovative and detailed-oriented Program Coordinator with strong interpersonal skills to coordinate several of our financial capability programs. The mission of our financial capability programs is to help people build savings, improve their credit, and achieve their financial goals. The person in this position will work at our two Community Financial Centers in Austin, Texas, where low-income community members can access a range of free programs, including financial coaching, incentivized savings, college support services, income tax preparation, and health insurance enrollment.
The Program Coordinator will manage the implementation of all savings programs, including our current initiatives to help people save for an emergency, home purchase, or college. The person in this position will also help launch our new credit-building initiative for residents and develop innovative programming to help clients reach their financial goals. This position is located at the Community Financial Center-North (5900 Airport Blvd) and Community Financial Center-South (2600 W. Stassney Ln) in Austin, Texas.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Program Coordinator reports to the Financial Capability Program Manager and is responsible for:
- Helping community members and residents of our affordable housing properties enroll in financial capability programs
- Providing one-on-one support to help program participants achieve their savings and credit goals
- Coordinating with internal staff and partner agencies to help participants access other financial programs and supportive services
- Tracking clients’ progress toward savings and credit goals as well as overall progress toward program goals
- Working with financial institution partners on best practices for savings account management
- Preparing data reports for internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop innovative ideas that address identified client needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Benefits and Perks
- Foundation Communities provides an excellent benefits package including employer paid health benefits, 401(k) investment opportunity, Employee Assistance Program, paid vacation, holiday, and sick time.