The Texas Association of School Boards (www.tasb.org) is a private, nonprofit association located in NW Austin. TASB offers a “family friendly” work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. TASB has been ranked a “Best Place to Work in Central Texas” for eight of the past nine years.
- Serve as chief staff liaison to the TASB Board of Directors and maintain good relationships with TASB Officers and Directors
- Oversee activities related to the TASB and entity boards and their committees including board communications, nominations and elections, quarterly board meetings and materials, new director onboarding, expense reimbursement, calendars, and historical board data
- Direct planning and execution of the annual TASB Delegate Assembly
- Oversee maintenance and operations of TASB’s central membership database
- Supervise the annual membership renewal process
- Prepare and maintain the division’s budget
- Participate in senior management meetings and technology development meetings
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with corporate boards of directors and senior leaders, particularly nonprofit boards and nonprofit management.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Knowledge of event/meeting planning.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to set long- and short- term goals and manage multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Understanding of nonprofit bylaws and policy development processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of budgeting processes.
- Proficient in database administration, preferably Microsoft Dynamics.
- 5+ years’ experience managing major projects and/or teams
- Bachelor’s degree (relevant experience may substitute)
- Supervisory experience preferred
Excellent employee benefits and amenities: medical/dental/life/disability insurance • retirement plan • paid holidays • generous paid leaves • free parking • on-site childcare/fitness/dry cleaning service/ATM • and more!