In honor of African American History Month and communities of color, KAZI Book Review and the Austin Public Library invite you to join us at the Austin Central Library onSaturday, February 24, 1-5 PM for the second annual Celebration of Diverse Literary Voices of Texas, a literary event like no other in Central Texas.
The event will feature author readings, panel discussions on cultural diversity, African American education, Mexican American literature and social justice in literature.
Featuring the following notable Texas Authors and Editors:
- Nicky Drayden, Author of Prey of the Gods
- John Moran Gonzalez, Editor of The Cambridge Companion to Latina/o American Literature
- Chaitali Sen, Author of The Pathless Sky
- Jacob Grovey, Author of Dance of the Broken
- Natalia Sylvester, Author of the forthcoming book Everyone Knows You Go Home(March 13, 2018)
- Michael Hurd, Author of Thursday Night Lights: The Story of Black High School Football in Texas
- Karen Kossie-Chernyshev, Editor of Angie Brown: A Jim Crow Romance and Author of Recovering Five Generations Hence: The Life and Writing of Lillian Jones Horace
- Evelyn Palfrey, Author of Going Home
Copies of these books will be available for purchase through a partnership with Book People. A portion of the book sales will benefit the Austin Public Library. RSVP on facebook at http://bit.ly/2GjbkSa or eventbrite at http://bit.ly/2GDp7TV.
The Celebration of Diverse Literary Voices of Texas is sponsored in part by the City of Austin Cultural Arts Division. It is free and open to the public. For more information about Celebration of Diverse Literary Voices of Texas, contact Producer Hopeton Hay via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit library.austintexas.gov/central.
About KAZI Book Review
Broadcast on KAZI 88.7 FM since 2009, KAZI Book Review is a twice-weekly talk show featuring interviews with local, regional, national and international authors of recently published fiction and nonfiction. It is hosted and produced by Hopeton Hay, who has been a talk show host on KAZI radio for over 20 years.
About the Austin Public Library
The Austin Public Library provides knowledge, technology and inspiration to the Austin community. The Library is a hub of books and education, a meeting place of minds and an incubator of ideas. For more information visit library.austintexas.gov.