Reporting to the Director of Procurement & Contract Management, the Purchaser V Performs complex to advanced (senior-level) purchasing and procurement work. Work involves purchasing and procuring commodities, equipment, and services; planning, coordinating, and preparing bid specifications; overseeing the maintenance of detailed records of items purchased, received, prepared, and issued using state guidelines, rules, policies, and laws. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
|Essential Job Functions
1. Reviews requisitions for completeness and processes requisitions by ordering merchandise, supplies, services and equipment.
2. Obtains all informal and formal bids as required.
3. Performs purchasing and vendor research as required to ensure accuracy and to achieve cost savings for the Agency.
4. Prepares, tracks, and monitors purchase orders.
5. Prepares and processes annual renewals.
6. Maintains accurate and well-organized purchasing files and records.
7. Assist with reporting requirements including State Use, Historically Underutilized Business (HUB), and any additional ad hoc reports.
8. Assists in the development of the Agency’s procurement plan and policies.
9. Responds timely and accurately to inquiries pertaining to purchasing procedures.
10. Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
11. Participates in job-related research and demonstrates initiative when seeking solutions to issues.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
13. Requires up to 10% travel.
State Classification #: 1934
Military Occupation Codes (MOC):
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_PropertyManagementandProcurement.pdf
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
o Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures, of commodities and products on the open market, and of supply sources.
o Knowledge of Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts rules regulating state purchasing operations.
o Skill in developing methods and procedures for locating supply sources.
o Skill in using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access to create spreadsheets and queries to extract purchasing information and other related communications.
o Skill of strong attention to detail a must.
o Ability to apply state purchasing policies and procedures as published in the Texas Contract Management Guide and the Texas Procurement Manual.
o Ability to tabulate and evaluate bids.
o Ability to accurately analyze, interpret and present purchasing data.
o Ability to interpret laws and regulations.
o Ability to make sound judgments and decisions.
o Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
o Ability to work efficiently and independently in a dependable and organized manner in order to meet various deadlines.
o Ability to provide guidance and assistance to agency staff.
o Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
o Will be delegated signature authority under existing department policy
o Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in business or public administration or a related field. Experience and education relevant to the position requirements may be substituted for one another on a year for year basis.
30. 48 months of experience in Purchasing. 36 of the 48 months must be State of Texas purchasing experience.
31. Must currently be a Certified Texas Purchaser (CTPM)
o Experience in processing Request for Proposals (RFP), Invitation for Bids (IFB), and solicitations over $25,000.00.
o Experience or training and applicable use in the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS).
o Statewide Term Contract experience.
o Experience with Texas Multiple Award Schedules (TXMAS) contracts.
o Experience with the Centralized Master Bidders List (CMBL).
o Experience posting to the Electronic State Business Daily (ESBD).
o Experience with running reporting in the CAPPS system.
|One (1) vacancy exists for this position.
THE RAILROAD COMMISSION OF TEXAS ONLY ACCEPTS ONLINE APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSTING.
Applications, for this posting, should be submitted on-line by clicking on the www.neogov.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we do not accept telephone calls. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Notifications to applicants are sent electronically to the email address you provide.